Nifty portion control tips to lose weight fast and easy.
‘Have I gained? No worries, I’d lose it overnight without any regain!’ said no one ever. We all know how difficult it is to shed those extra pounds. It takes blood and sweat (and scrumptious food). Are you the one who really want to lose weight without the expense of dainty meals you cannot resist?
People come up with diet plans, tips, and various weight loss supplements. We have a huge weight loss supplements market around the world. They claim to shed weight within a week or a month. The truth is that diet plans and weight loss supplements do not help to lose weight in a healthy way. If they are helpful in any way, then regain happens as soon as you leave them.
So, what the safest and most easy way to lose weight? Its ‘portion control method’. Actually, clean eating is the way to go to lose the extra fat. Our body needs 44 essential nutrients to fulfill all the requirements. Portion meals divide those nutrients into smaller portions which you have to consume throughout the day. In this way, you provide your body with all the essentials but the key is balance!
Portion meal is not a diet food. Rather, it is a healthy balance that helps you lose fat, increase your muscle mass (more in the case of males) and be more toned. You can surely have your favorite meals as your diet pan but again, in a mindful way. We are going to give you brief insight about secret to losing weight and secret to long life.
Let’s understand it:
In portion meals, you divide your starch (carbohydrate), fats, proteins, dairy, fruits, and vegetables throughout your day. It means it tells you how to consume your nutrients the way your body wants. Those meals will be utilized in an appropriate way instead of adding to the fat storage. Furthermore, it helps to burn the extra calories and fats which has accumulated.
So, here we start. The average aged person should have following portions in a day:
- 5-7 portions of starch (carbohydrates)
- 5-6 portions of proteins
- 2-3 portions of fat
- 2-5 portions of veggies
- 2-3 portions of fruits
- 2-3 portions of dairy
If you understand the portions you have to take, you will feel fuller, more energetic and more toned. You will lose the excess fat in the right way that will not harm your body (that happens in case of crash dieting)
Make your own menu:
So, here we are, with all the portions we have to divide throughout the day. Good thing is that it is up to you that how you like to take your portions. You’d make your own menu in which you can include your favorite nosh!
Nobody would force you to gulp tasteless foods after hours. Best is to take three meals (including breakfast) and snacks in between.
Your portion meal planner:
Here is a guideline onto how you can distribute your portions. Stick to it and see how you gradually shape yourself for good.
- Take 2 portions of carbs, 1 portion of protein or 1 portion of dairy.
- Suggestions include 1 cup oats or 2 slices of bread, half a cup of milk or tuna in a sandwich.
- 1 portion carbohydrate, 1 portion protein and 1 portion fruit.
- Suggestions: 1 apple, handful nuts or 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2 biscuits
- Take 2 portions of carbs, 2 portions of proteins, and lots of vegetables.
- You can have 2 slices of bread with chicken or fish with salad or you can make tuna salad (half a cup tuna and veggies.
- Take 2 portions of fruit.
- You can have 1 apple or a small bunch of grapes or a banana.
- 2 portions of carbohydrates, 2 portions of protein and vegetables.
- Suggestions include: a cup of brown rice, steamed chicken (2 pieces) with salad.
- If you are feeling appetite late night, you can have 1 portion of dairy.
- Suggestions include: a glass of milk or fat free yogurt.
Some tips to note:
- You are not supposed to feel starved. If you are feeling hungry, have something (healthy) and feel energetic.
- You have to drink lots of water throughout the day as it increases metabolism (apart from numerous other advantages)
- Your meal and snack time should be no more than 2-3 hours apart. This means you have to eat five to six times per day. Isn’t it great?
- You have to avoid all forms of refined sugar. If you want your tea to be sweet, add artificial sweetener. Having said that, you can certainly have natural sugars present in fruits.
- It is not a diet but a step towards healthy lifestyle. So choose your portions wisely and make your menu according to your taste. You are not supposed to stick on a single menu. Eat a variety of foods throughout the week.
- Along with portion meals, you have to exercise also! Spare half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the afternoon for your exercise.
The portion control method of losing weight leads you to a lifestyle where you choose healthier foods for you. Be mindful of what you are eating and calculate its quantity. You do not have to keep yourself hungry or rely upon the weight loss supplements. If you are eating healthy portions of food along with exercise then there is no reason left to not lose those extra pounds. Portion meals would allow you to not only lose weight but shape your body and look more toned as well.